DEADLINE EXTENSION: New Deadline for entries – 30th September 2020. We were contacted by a number of schools who asked if we could extend the deadline as schools have only just returned. So, plenty of time now to polish your designs and submissions. Please SHARE. Full competition details below. THANK YOU!
Paisley Community Trust are launching a new competition to design the Logo and Brand for their proposed Community Cinema to be called ‘PXLS’.
The story behind the name is vital. We had to develop a multi-generational brand to appeal to both young and old. The ‘PX’ represents the location – Paisley Cross > Paisley X > PX. Whilst this appeals to a younger generation, it has no link to Paisley’s proud cinema past. The ‘LS’ represents “La Scala”, a cinema from Paisley’s past which stood at the site of the proposed new cinema. This has huge appeal to the older members of our community.
Combined, PXLS (pronounced Pixels) represents ‘Paisley Cross La Scala’.
(For the full story behind the naming… and the big unveil, watch here:- https://youtu.be/iyX1XxPDtX4?t=3749 )
We are looking for a new logo and brand including colours and typeface to match our amazing new name and bold community cinema plans!
The Competition is open NOW and we can’t wait to see what you come up with! Good Luck!
- The competition is open to anyone, of any age from anywhere. Applications from Paisley residents are highly encouraged.
- Trustees of Paisley Community Trust, the competition judges and their immediate family are not eligible to enter the Competition.
How to Enter
- Competition entries must be submitted by email only to email@example.com
- Entries are to be in a digital format only. .jpg, .pdf, .png. Papers drawings and sketches can be photographed and submitted. See the Entry Guidelines below for further information.
- Your entry must include the name, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
- No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
- Joint entries are allowed.
- Entries must conform to the Entry Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
- The deadline for Entries is the 30TH SEPTEMBER 2020
- We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
- There is no fee to enter the Contest.
The purpose of the contest is to design a logo and brand for the proposed Community Cinema in Paisley to be called PXLS pronounced ‘Pixels’ and meaning Paisley Cross La Scala. The logo will be used within the new cinema, online, in print, on merchandise. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as colour. Entrants should take care to ensure that their Entries are not in any way similar to existing logos or other copyrighted images. A logo that cannot be registered as a Registered Trade Mark, no matter how well crafted, cannot win the Competition.
The logo must contain the letters PXLS. This image should not be photographic. We advise against the use of halftones and gradients unless created inside a vector graphics program. Colour in this version must be CMYK, no spot colours. The limit on attachment sizes for our email is 5Mb. If your submission exceeds this size, even after compression, please send the images individually and note clearly in your emails that you are doing so or use a file transfer service like WeTransfer.
Subject to the requirements outlined above, the winning design will be announced by Paisley Community Trust in due course. The winning designer will have their design used as the logo an brand for the new community cinema. They will be commissioned for future design work if possible, required or necessary, however no obligation or commitment is guaranteed. They will receive a free 1 year ‘Unlimited‘ pass for one person for the new Cinema when opened. No other cash equivalent is offered.
Judging and Selection of Winner
- The winning design will be selected by judges appointed for the purpose and by Paisley Community Trust. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
- One vote will be granted to the public by way of a public vote of a short list of submissions selected by Paisley Community Trust.
- Paisley Community Trust reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
- Paisley Community Trust reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to Paisley Community Trust
- Accepting the prize constitutes permission for Paisley Community Trust to make public and otherwise use winner’s name and details for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
- No timetable is set for the announcement of a winner due to the need to confirm that the winning entry can be registered as a Trade Mark.
- All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
- All Entries will become the sole property of Paisley Community Trust and may be displayed publicly on Paisley Community Trust web sites.
- The winning entry will be registered by Paisley Community Trust as a Trade Mark and the Entrant agrees to transfer all right and title to the Entry to Paisley Community Trust in accordance with the Official Rules of this Contest.
- (Entrants should note that the term “PXLS” is already claimed by Paisley Community Trust as a Trade mark so re-use of unsuccessful entries would be difficult without infringing existing Paisley Community Trust’s rights.)
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Rules. By participating in the Competition, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and Paisley Community Trust in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and Paisley Community Trust and relating to the Competition.